What scholarships are available for undergraduate students?

There are ample ways to find money to help pay for your study abroad costs. Scholarships are available through Iowa State University that can be at the department, college and university levels. All you will need to do is apply by the deadline. Please note that we are only able to award scholarships when a student is actively enrolled in coursework and are receiving some type of credit.

College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS) sponsored scholarships:  Students in CALS have many options for scholarships for studying abroad through a variety of college-sponsored scholarships with a wide range of eligibility requirements. When applying for any study abroad program through ISUAbroad, as a CALS student, you will need to click on the "CALS Study Abroad Scholarship Application Information" link within the application, read the content in the dialogue box and click on the link provided to apply for scholarships.

Scholarship Deadlines:

  • Spring Programs: November 1
  • Summer Programs: March 1
  • Fall Programs: May 1

Click here for a complete list of CALS Undergraduate Scholarships.

CALS passport scholarship:  If you are a student in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences and you have applied for a study abroad program, you are eligible for a scholarship that will reimburse you for the cost of your passport. Bring your new passport to 0018 Curtiss to claim your scholarship.  Please note: this is only for first time travelers, not for passport renewals, only first passports.

Step by Step Guide for Passport Reimbursement

ISU scholarships beyond the college:  Check with your academic department or adviser for study abroad-focused scholarships through your department. Check the university-wide Study Abroad Center for other funding opportunities https://www.studyabroad.iastate.edu/costs-financing/scholarships

Iowa State University Financial Aid Scholarships Available