UK Heritage Livestock
These trips are the experience of a lifetime. The instructors put so much thought and effort into the specifics of the trip and the stops you’ll take. It’s the perfect mix of learning while traveling and enjoying a new place!
- How did you learn about your study abroad program?
- I had friends who went on the trip two years ago and had a great experience. Talking with them interested me in the trip, and then I learned more through the online portal for CALS Study Abroad.
- Why did you choose to participate in the UK Heritage program?
- I always wanted to study abroad, and when I found out about this trip, I knew it was something I wanted to do. Learning about livestock and production agriculture in another country was what drew me in.
- Have you traveled internationally before studying abroad?
- I have traveled to Canada and Greece.
- Do you think your experience benefited you personally, professionally, or academically?
- I learned about livestock, heritage breeds, and different agricultural practices, all while being immersed in a new culture. Not only did I meet so many new people, but I also saw some pretty awesome things and gained a deeper appreciation for agriculture around the world.
- Most memorable experience?
- Aside from all the unique stops, I would say exploring each new place we stayed in with the ladies who were also on the trip. We had some fun evening walks looking around the quaint little towns. Also, all the card games!
- Did you experience any difficulties?
- Turning around 30 minutes into our flight to London and landing back in Denver was certainly unexpected but not as bad as when we got delayed in Chicago for 8 hours on our way home.
- What advice would you give to students interested in one of your programs or study abroad in general?
- Just jump! These trips are the experience of a lifetime. Your instructors put so much thought and effort into the specifics of the trip and the stops you’ll take. It’s the perfect mix of learning while traveling and enjoying a new place.