Program will introduce students to the swine industry in Japan and Thailand, including production systems, feed processing, and meat processing. Students will witness swine production, business, and trade in Japan and Thailand, and compare them to the U.S. Students will also visit historical sites and experience the education system, culture, history, political system, and economy of both countries
At the end of the program, students will:
- Be aware of the global reach of the swine industry.
- Have a greater understanding of swine production systems in Japan and Thailand and how they impact each country’s economy and trade.
- Understand genetics systems, buildings and housing, food safety protocols, and pork marketing in Japan and Thailand and make direct comparisons to the U.S.
- Appreciate the culture and traditions in other countries.
- Recognize differences in cultural, political, and economic practices.
- Write a concise trip report outlining their experience on the trip and value realized.